ads

Chapter 3 Please give me divine punishment




 "I am truly sorry, Master. I have been disrespectful to you. Please give me divine punishment."




 After winning against Louise, my personal maid, in sword training, she suddenly prostrated herself before me.




 According to Rex's memory, Louise had never apologized like this.


 On the contrary, she sometimes even made sarcastic remarks.




 ……What's going on?


 I was just doing various experiments and having a discussion with my maid and <Sword Saint> Louise.




 Should I just listen to the story?




"Louise, please lift your head. What kind of 'disrespect' have you shown me?"


"Yes, I repent. I..."




 According to Louise...




 She once belittled me for being a <Support Mage>, also known as the weakest job, by saying, "You can't use a sword."


 In order to make me give up on swordsmanship, she deliberately underestimated me ... and try to break my heart.


    She found it amusing at the former Rex boy who called himself  "a human being chosen by God.''




 These are the "disrespect acts" that Louise treated me with.


 Well, it's all true, so all I can say is, "I guess so."




 It's true that I'm in the weakest job where I can't use any swordsmanship skills, and that I'm a cringeworthy guy who calls himself "a human chosen by God.''


 Besides, Louise was thinking of me and was trying to get me to give up on the 'reckless' path of swordsmanship.




"Master is definitely a human being chosen by God. My eyes have been clouded until now... please give me divine punishment."




 There's no particular reason why I should be angry.


 But for Louise, it must be bothering her a lot.




 In that case, as her "master", I should take care of her.


 ...But come to think of it, calling myself 'Master' is quite embarrassing.




“Well said, Louise.”


"Huh……"


"I'm not particularly angry. That's why I won't punish you."


“That doesn’t satisfy me.”




 Louise remains expressionless as usual.


 However, her eyes flicker, and her half-elf ears droop, giving off a somewhat melancholic vibe.




"...I understand. If you insist, I'll punish you."


"Thank you for your kindness."


"Please continue to take care of me. I want you to be serious about sword training."


"...Is it okay to do something so obvious?"


"It's not obvious at all. After all, I'm the hated son, Rex, a self-proclaimed "human being chosen by God,'' and the weakest job <support magician>.


"That's not true...but I accept it. I will dedicate my life to you, master."




 Well, I feel like Louise's expression seems too exaggerated.


 Well, let's listen to her story with a grain of salt.




 Louise, who was still sitting straight on the stone pavement, slowly stood up.




“By the way, Louise, does your side hurt?”




 I used a wooden sword strengthened with support magic to hit it with all my might.


 At that time, my desire to win was so strong and I didn't know how to hold back.




 But I have no idea how much pain Louise felt.


 Coupled with her expressionless face.




"It's just as painful as hitting something on your little finger, and I'm sure you can already guess that, but I'm a former adventurer, so it's not a problem."




 Well, certainly, even in the late game... even before becoming a companion of the game's protagonist, she used to be an adventurer.


 So, it's not strange that she's considered a 'former adventurer' at this point.




 However, I don't really know why she's working as a maid now, but there's no need to ask that right now.




"Thank you for your concern, but there is no need for you to be concerned as we are still in training."


"That being said, I'm still worried about what I'm worried about. I'll cast a recovery spell on you for now."




 A <Support Magician> who is a user of white magic can use recovery magic, albeit as a sub-weapon.


 However, since it is a sub-class, its effectiveness is inferior compared to <Recovery Magician> or advanced classes.




 However……




"I feel more pleasure than when I drank Elixir. I can't thank you enough for using such high-rank recovery magic. Even my daily fatigue was completely blown away."




 Huh...?




The recovery magic of <Support Magician> is equivalent to a sub-weapon, right?


 Elixir is a not-for-sale drug that fully recovers HP and MP, right?




 Even in the training earlier, I was told that "Support magic cannot be cast on oneself," but I wonder if I have the reincarnation privilege after all.


 Or perhaps it's just a case of "praise to encourage growth," and they're just offering lip service?'




 Well, either is fine.


 I just do what I can.




 When I suddenly looked around, I saw some maids looking at us and smiling.




"Haha. It's incredibly ironic that Rex-sama, the weakest job, has the same recovery magic as Elixir."


"In the first place, there's no way a mere maid would know the 'taste' of elixir. Even if she's a half-elf."


"You guys"




 In this world, I am allowed to live as I please.


 So, I won't show mercy to someone I don't like, even if they're female.




"W-what is it, Rex-sama?"


"If you judge people based only on superficial appearances, someday you'll be caught off guard. Be careful from now on."




 Louise is a <Sword Saint> after all.




The maids said, "Y-yes...!'' "Y-your anger is different than usual!'' and ran away.


 Sigh...I'm glad they didn't get angry or laugh at me.




“Thank you, Master.”


"No, I just couldn't accept that Louise was laughed at because of me. It's not something you should be grateful for."


"However, the fact remains that you saved me, Master. Regardless of your emotions or intentions. For me, what you've done is undoubtedly a 'grateful happiness.'"




 Louise may indeed be right.


 If so, please accept my gratitude.




"Thank you, Louise."


“──Re, Rex-sama!”




``Huh?'' Surprised, and when I turned around, there was a little girl there.




 Her name is Anna.


 She's Rex's ten-year-old.. no, she's my step sister, who's the same age as me, and one of the heroines.




 Her beautiful blonde hair has been stretched out to the extent that it touches her shoulders, making her look very cute.


 Her height is on the small side for a 10-year-old, and she has a hidden cuteness that makes you want to protect her.




“I admire you for being able to get angry not for yourself but for others!”




 Anna seemed completely intimidated, forcing a smile.


 This must be because Rex has been so harsh on her since she was adopted as his step sister a year ago.




 Still, I'm glad she's talking to me like this.


 I really want to become friends with Anna.






TN : if you found something wrong just let me know


 If you like my work please consider support me Ko-fi



Back    TOC    Next

Comments

ads